Sunday, February 11, 2007

Loveless #14 - Vertigo



This book is fan-frikkin'-tastic. First of all we got Brian Azzarello on the scripts, whom you all should be aware my awe. Then we have Danijel Zezelj on pencils. His style is absolutely perfect for this book. There's 3 frames on the bottom of page 12 that I would love to enlarge, frame and put on my wall. Also the final page is fantastic. It shows the mortician standing over 2 bodies in the street, and the doctor riding off into the horizon. Ruth Cutter is killing pretty much every one in town, one by one, to avenge Wes' death. The reason she did the Mortician and Doctor this issue, is because of the way they left Wes in the street to die like a dog. It's amazing that, just because she cut her hair short and wears pants, everyone assumes that she's a young boy. Way to hide in plain sight. I just can't say enough about this series. I love it. If you aren't getting it, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment