Saturday, February 17, 2007

Civil War - Front Line #10 - Marvel


Sally and Ben are getting closer and closer to figuring out the truth about why this war was even started in the first place. Carol Danvers is feeding Sally information, but all it's doing is cooberating what she thought she already knew. They're all kind of upset, after Tony declared to his team that he has know that they've had a traitor in their midst for quite a while. He won't tell anyone who it is, not even Reed, so everybody is on edge and pointing fingers at each other. I think the actual traitor is Tony. But that's just my guess. Ben has come to his own conclusions, but from a different angle. He's looking at who would make money off the war, and who would gain the most. He's so immersed in his story, that he quits the Bugle. He knows that the Bugle would never print his story. His rational? "When the truth has to be compromised because by telling it we jeopardize the newspaper, then the system itself is flawed." So, I'm sure he's going to get the story out there, he just can't do it through the Bugle. Ben and Sally finally get together to compare their notes, but they're caught literally in a skirmish between the two sides. They escape one harrowing attack after another, but finally end up in the Subway together, and have a chance to catch their breath. They compare notes, and realize that they both have the same answer. In the second story, we get yet another look at Robbie Baldwin. He's been let out of prison, because he's agreed to register. I think the reason he's chose to do so, is because he's no longer going to be Robbie, or Speedball. He's got a new identity that he's sinking his whole soul into, Penance. And it doesn't seem like he's planning on being a very good guy. It's really all wrapped up in a letter at the end to his mom, "Dear mom, I now know how to pay for all the pain I've caused. Six hundred and twelve people died at Stamford. So every day I'll carry with me six hundred and twelve points of pain. Sixty of those people were innocent children who burned to death in a schoolyard. Those are the sixty points of pain that will hurt me the most. There is a little girl named Sarah Stricker who will live forever next to my heart. Two innocent men died when they found me in upstate New York. Two innocent emergency workers perished because of me. Their blood is on my hands. I'll feel their pain every time I throw a punch. Every single point of my pain will be a reminder until the day I mercifully die. And all of the pain is fuel. One last thing, mom . . . . . you won't ever see me again. " This turned out to be a lot better story than I thought it would be. Great series. And thanks again to www.milehighcomics.com for the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment