Sunday, February 25, 2007

Green Lantern #16 - DC


Everything about this book is fantastic right now. Starting with the Ethan Van Sciver covers that are wonderful. The stories by Geoff Johns that are riveting. And then the interior art by Ivan Reis, that is just as good, if not better than some of his better known colleagues. I'm talking Ed Benes, Deodato Jr., John Byrne, and any number of other top shelf talents. This guys a keeper. Just one minor complaint this issue. The pictures just aren't as crisp this time around. I'm not complaining about Ivan, actually I want to ask about the inker. Not to say he's doing a bad job, but, some inker's styles match up better to some pencillers. I don't know if this is the first time he's inked Ivan, or if he's been doing it all along, I'll have to check out past issues, but, with this issue, it doesn't seem like they compliment each other as well as I've seen in the past. Like I said, it's a minor complaint, just something I noticed. Anyways, we're still on the story where Hal has gone to Russia to look for his friend, Cowgirl, and rescue her. But everyone is after him, the JLA, the Global Guardians, the Rocket Reds, even the Dominators. But the one he really has to worry about is Amon Sur. Yes he's Abin Sur's son. And he feels that the Corps Ring was stolen from him, by Hal. And he's going to get it back by whatever means necessary. That's where this issue ends, with him standing over a fallen Hal, pointed a weapon at his head. Fantastic book, all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment