Saturday, February 24, 2007

Justice Society of America #2 - DC


In my eyes, the only team book that beats this one is the JLA. Well . . . . there is the Titans and the Outsiders. Ok . . . . it would be hard for me to pick my favorite. Let's just say that DC has some of the best team books on the market today. Ok? Anyways, Geoff Johns is doing a great job with this book so far. I know it's only on issue #2, but he's put a lot in to the story already. And I really think this is some of Dale Eaglesham's best work to date. I was a little concerned when I read that he would be drawing this series. I kind of wondered why they wouldn't get a bigger "name" to do it. But I'll tell you what, some of the panels in this book, and the last, are fantastic. The plot lines so far are: we have to find out who killed Mr. America and his whole family?, are they the same ones that are after everybody in the Heywood family?, why is Starman such a nut and living in a sanitarium?, what kind of hero is Maxine Hinkle going to be?, how come Hawkman's back in this book but he hasn't shown up anywhere else?, what is Wildcat going to do with and about his newly found son?, and who are going to be the new members to the roster? That's a lot for the first two issues. But it appears the Geoff has hit the ground running. Hopefully he doesn't slow down anytime soon. I've loved this group of heroes for a long time. It's good that they have some creative talent on the book that will do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment