Saturday, February 24, 2007

Martian Manhunter #6 - DC


I really do like this story. I think A.J. Lieberman is doing a great job with the story. And, I really like Al Barrionuevo's pencils. They're fantastic. My only problem is that the story is a little convoluted. There's a rat in the midst. But I could've told you that from book 1. There's also some involvement by the white Martians, but we don't know the full extent yet. And I could've told you that from book 1. What we don't know is exactly what the experiments the DEO were running on them. We also don't know why they wanted to pull Jonn in to it. I mean they obviously knew that if he found the medallion that he would want to know where it came from. And with a little digging, and his incredible resolve, it wouldn't take him to long to figure out where it came from, or that he would be compelled to release the others. So then, why did they need him to do that? They probably needed the Martians taken out of that lab for a reason, but why? And what does the virus that wiped out their planet have to do with any of this? Well there's only 2 issues left so they're going to have to fill us in sooner or later. Nice cliffhanger ending also. Jonn is chasing Dal'en as he tries to flee, but Dal'en turns in to his true white Martian form and has Jonn by the throat with his tail. Only 2 issues to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment