Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Trinity #49 - DC


I don't know how there can be an issue #50, when it looks like everything ends in issue #49. Last issue we saw that the Trinity had reverse engineered Le Fey's spell, and turned it on Krona. The problem is, between Le Fey and Despero . . these 2 have seen what the extent of this power is, and they're pretty much willing to do anything to get a grasp on it again. Their minions are pretty much dispersed to the winds. Well, they're still around, but they've all switched sides. Le Fey had them all temporarily under her control, but . . they decided on their own that their servitude wasn't worth the ultimate results of her plans. I think at first they just thought her a world conqueror, just like any other madman/woman. They didn't realize that she was willing to destroy it if that's what it took. Maybe the spell they're using to hold Krona was only tenuous. But eventually Le Fey exerts enough power to break it. And when she does, Krona is pissed. "I am free! And I act! And I will have this world's spirit . . I will have what I came for . . even if I must . . rip it out with my own hands!" This guy takes the pursuit of knowledge to a whole new level. He has literally begun ripping the world apart. We see the various heroes around the world doing what they can to hang on, but . . it's all fruitless. How do you fight a god whom is destroying your home? Hopefully we'll find out next issue, because as this issue ends . . the world and it's inhabitants, not to mention all of it's feckless trinkets, are floating away like so much space fodder. It appears to be the end of the world as we know it . . literally. Another fantastic issue by Kurt Busiek, Mark Bagley, Fabian Nicieza and Mike Norton. I can't wait to see what they have in store for the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment