Wednesday, May 13, 2009

X-Factor #43 - Marvel


I'm doing this one first this week because . . well, honestly . . I couldn't wait to read it. This has become, I think, my favorite X-title. And, if I'm to continue being honest . . it used to be Exiles. Sorry! That one dropped, and this one rose. What can I say? I just feel that Peter David is doing a fantastic job with these characters. You can really feel each of thier unique personalities, and he pulls the reader in . . we care about them. Marco Santucci and Valentine De Landro are doing the art. It's . . . ok. Nothing great . . nothing terrible. But, you know what? I don't care. In this book, I feel that the story far outshines the art. Of course . . that's just my opinion. Last issue, Longshot saved Lenore's life by stopping a gunman from killing her . . her mother. Just as she's trying to escape from the apartment building, this issue, Darwin shows up. They take her down, but . . I have a feeling that someone is controlling her. But we don't know who, or why. Meanwhile, Guido and Rictor have headed to Vermont to meet on of Jaime's dupes, Rev. John Maddox. They know that something has happened to Jaime and they're hoping that John can help them out. But, there's someone else there also. At the hospital when Monet is trying to figure out what's going on with Lenore's mom, she comes under some type of psychic attack. All she says is . . "Cortex". Whatever that means. In the future Jaime has finally come face to face with Layla. She's at least 21 now. After talking for a little why, they find themselves in a passionate embrace. "Before there was a savagery, a hunger to the kiss. This time . . I lose myself in her. This time it's gentle, and loving, and . . salvation. That's what it is. Salvation. I shouldn't have to look outside myself to find it, but I do. And it's here. With her. For the first time in ages, I feel at peace with myself. And yet I can't help but think . . it won't last. I suppose that's how I know I'm still me." And then Scott tells Jaime he needs a favor from him. "When our people go into a fight, we have a constant telemetry record that goes into a central computer. We lost track of Hecat'e. For about 2 seconds we lost track of her. We don't have glitches. You're a detective. I want you to figure out why." Although, you have to think that if he's smart enough to know that it needs looking in to, then he probably already has a suspicion of what she's up to. Oh yeah, and by the way, the stalker that was hanging out outside of the good Reverends house . . . it turns out it's . . Shatterstar. The problem is . . he also looks possessed. And he's saying the same thing as Monet . . . "Cortex". I love this book, and the characters. Again, I think Peter David is doing a fantastic job. Oh, and he left a note on the recap page . . "What Happens Next Issue: Madrox shaves; there is no follow-up to this issues cliffhanger whatsoever; and Monet strips down and gets it on with Darwin. Be sure to let everyone on the internet know." Funny stuff, dude! Funny stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment