Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade #6 - DC


This was a cute way to wrap up this mini-series. For the kids out there, Linda and Lena wrapped up their differences and become friends again. And the kids also get introduced to Mxyzptlk. Although he comes off more evil than mischievous in this story. I liked the book, but . . since it is aimed at kids, I'd have to say that this one would probably be more confusing than anything for them. We get a Supergirl from another dimension, and the whole thing with Mxyzptlk and the Fifth-Dimension, would probably be over their heads. It would probably be enjoyable to the kids . . I mean, they have Streaky and Comet, so . . but I'm not sure that they'd understand all of the dynamics between characters or their motivations. The depth of the story would be lost on them. However, they'd enjoy the slapstick and humor. I'm not saying that they wouldn't enjoy it, but . . I think that it probably comes across as a completely different book to us more seasoned readers. You know? But then again . . maybe I'm just reading to much into it. Although, it might also be because this is the final issue, Landry Walker had to get more into the book than he anticipated. I don't know. Overall I enjoyed the series. I'm sure the kids did to. Now we just have to wait and see what Johnny DC has in store for us . . er, I mean the kids, next.

No comments:

Post a Comment