Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Trinity #51 - DC


Now that I've finally got caught up on all my books . . I'm more up-to-date on my posts, as far as publication dates . . now I just have to find the time to actually do the blogs. Things are winding down, as far as the various TV shows go, but . . they're just heating up at the movies. Also we're just coming into the busy time of year for me, both personally and professionally. It just seems like it gets harder and harder for me, everyday, to find the time for the things that I want to do. Plus, my wife's schedule is more confluent with my own right now, and . . she doesn't want me spending 'our time' doing 'my time' stuff. It seems like the only 'my time' I have right now is on the way to or from work. I think that's why I drive the way I do. I have to have fun where I can. Anyways, this was a great issue. I love those Shane Davis covers. This issue the world is all coming back together. However, with such a shock to the system, things may be worse off now with everything trying to fit itself back together. But the world's been given another chance. We'll just have to see what they make of it. We have a few things that are left hanging, which I don't think we're going to be able to wrap up in the final issue. The worldsoul is out of her cage. Well . . I don't know that 'cage' is the right word, the world was her home. It's where she's lived for billions of years. But now . . now she's outside of that home. Right now she's using her power to help with putting things back together, but . . I'm not sure what the future holds for her. John Stewart has finally been separated from the Void Hound, but . . I don't think we've seen the last of the Hound. And, I don't know how John can come out of this not changed. The delicate balance between Le Fey, Despero and Enigma has been disrupted. Morgaine still wants to be in control, but . . I don't know what she's in control of. Enigma has turned on them, and Despero is only hanging on because he's still hoping that there's something to be gained. To that end he seems to have wounded Enigma, but we don't really now how bad. With the SPHERE damaged, the spirit of his daughter is loose, and she's trying to do what she can to help him. Batman, or the Batman-god, ends up coming to help her, and Enigma, but this issue we don't really know the extent of what he's done. The Trinity makes one last lash-out at Le Fey and Despero, taking them down, but it looks like they've surrendered their power to the worldsoul to help her better fix things and deal with Krona. The issue ends with them back in human form and immediately confronted by the Crime-Syndicate. "You're exhausted, drained, barely able to stand. I almost hate to admit it . . but that's just how I like my victims." Well, we're down to the final issue. Next issue is the last, and, hopefully, we'll see what kind of changes this story will make on the DC Universe. Kurt Busiek, Mark Bagley, Fabian Nicieza and Tom Derenick . . along with Scott McDaniel, have really put a lot of work into this series. They've kept it on schedule and looking great. That'll be the take-away from all of this also . . what projects will all of these fantastic creators take on next? I really hope Mark picks up another project for DC. I really enjoyed his take on all of these characters. I can't believe 3 years of weekly comics are over . . 52, Countdown and now Trinity. What's next on the shelf?

No comments:

Post a Comment