Thursday, May 14, 2009

To know him was to love him . . .

I don't usually share to many personal things here . . it is the internet afterall, but . . someone I knew, and admired, and loved passed away last week. I don't want to remember him for how he was at the end, but rather for the things he accomplished and brought to this world in his lifetime. His life was rich with family and friends. Anyone who met him knew that he was a man of his word. He was stern, yet fun. He liked a good laugh as much as the rest of us. And he was loyal to those around him. In the last few years I didn't get to talk to him as much as I would've liked. But I shared pictures of family and friends and special occasions. Since he was confined mostly to his home, I'd like to think that I helped provide a window to the world. Anyone who has a loved one out there should tell them daily how much they care. Don't let it go for granted. Don't assume that they know that you're thinking about them. Make sure they know. And make sure they believe how much you really care. Don't let time or distance, and especially not work, stand in your way. The minutes and seconds are counting down constantly. Did you say everything you should have . . or wanted to? I know I didn't. And I really wish I had. I just wanted to let you know . . . I'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment