Wednesday, May 20, 2009

HULK #12 - Marvel

I like this book. I think that Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness are brilliant. But, I have to say . . I think this whole thing with the Gamemaster and the Collector . . that whole thing was all a bit silly. I mean . . we knew how it was going to end. Well, maybe not the specifics, but overall . . they'd all be brought back to life and sent back to where they originally came from with no memory of the events that transpired. At the end of last issue the Red Hulk kills the Hulk. However, Gamemaster and the Collector won't let things stand there. They send the Red Hulk back in to see which team actually wins . . the Defenders or the Offenders. It turns out that all the Red Hulk cares about it that he wins. He goes to each arena, the Microverse, the Dark Dimension, and Zenn-La and kills all of the participants. Well, all except for Galactus. Mostly because I don't think he'd be able to, but also because when he found out he'd gotten wrapped up in the guys games, he was really pissed at Gamemaster and the Collector. Red Hulk probably figures that he can do more damage to them than he ever could. He wins either way. However, as expected, in the end, they bring everyone back to life and send them off to their previously acquired locations, and time. So it's all a big 'what if?' story, or imaginary tale. All of it means nothing. I hate it when that happens. Out of this whole story-line I learned 2 things, both about the Red Hulk. One, he can absorb energy. He prefers gamma radiation, but in this issue he absorbs the Silver Surfer's cosmic energy. Two, somewhere along the line Bruce Banner broke whomever heart the Red Hulk is. I think that's why he hates him so much. Could the Red Hulk be a woman? I don't know. So for me . . the last 3 issues have amounted to that little piece of information. What a waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment