Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Teen Titans #71 - DC


Is Ravager in the group . . or is Ravager out of the group? Right now . . it's kind of hard to say. Eddie's rooting for her. But, unfortunately, I think Ravager is her own worst enemy. She's been pumping up on Ephedrine, trying enhance her precog abilities, but . . I think she's only taking the worst out of her visions. To me, it seems like she's got this attitude because she knows that eventually the team will turn on her . . or kick her out. So she's already put up these walls, distancing herself, so that when it does happen she can say it was inevitable, or not her fault. She's especially hard on Cassie. But, hey . . Cassie's the leader. She has to look out for every-one's interest, and the best interest of the team. Even if it's not to the benefit of one of it's members. But I don't think that Cassie is necessarily trying to ostracize Rose. I think she's just trying to make sure that she's not a threat to the team or herself. When they go out into a skirmish, she needs to know that Rose is with them 100%, and not on her own agenda. Unfortunately, I think Cassie is being overly optimistic because . . we all already know that Rose does what Rose wants . . when and how 'she' wants. I don't think the caring and loving that Cassie is trying to convey . . even if it's tough-love . . is going to be enough to change Rose's core character. Personally, I think she would be fantastic with this group. But, when it comes down to it, I also think that she's really a 'solo' character. She can operate with a group, but . . that's not really who she is. And if Cassie truly cares about her the way she claims, she has to realize that and allow her to be herself. Even if she gets hurt, cut or bruised along the way. I know Cassie wants to protect everyone, but . . some people you have to let fend for themselves. Rose is one of those people. By the end of the issue it appears that Rose is choosing her own path. In this issue I also liked the development of Bombshell's character. Rose tests her, but . . she lives up to the challenge. And, it seems that her and Cassie's relationship is improving. So . . who knows? Even though Rose left, I thought it was a very good issue. Sean McKeever is definitely finding his own path for these characters. I think he's found his groove with the stories, and he's just getting started. It's only going to get better. Yildiray Cinar, from Noble Causes fame, does the art. I really liked it. This guy has a lot of talent and potential. I'm looking forward to next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment