Thursday, May 28, 2009

the New Avengers #53 - Marvel


A couple of things came to my attention during this issue. First of all, Daimon Hellstorm, the Son of Satan, is a heck of a character. I really liked what I saw of him this issue. Unfortunately he's not the new Master of the Mystic Arts. I think he would be a pretty neat character for a writer to play around with. There's a whole lot of potential there. Secondly, it seems as if the Hood is more demon than man now. Maybe it's because he's in such close proximity to Daimon. Or maybe it's because Daimon basically called him out. But it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of the Hood left when they're fighting. Also, when it comes down to it, Bucky can be a real SOB. I love the way the Spider-man keeps razzing him by calling him 'Bucky-Cap'. It's hilarious. Anyways, the group has come to New Orleans to help Doctor Strange find the new master. Plus, I think, Steven is hoping that'll he'll be able to influence a bit who the new master is. There's many people out there capable, and willing, but most of them are of questionable character at best. And he definitely doesn't want it to be Dr. Doom. I don't think he's to thrilled about the prospect of it being Daimon either. But, the devil you know . . and all that. Anyways, by the final page it's all moot. He doesn't need to worry any more. Well . . he doesn't need to worry about who it may be, but he may have to worry about who it is. As we see on the last page, with the Eye of Agamotto hanging around his neck . . "My name is Jericho Drumm. They call me Brudder Voodoo. What 'da hell is wrong wit' you people?" Now we just need to verify whether Brother Voodoo is on the side of angels . . or not. I thought this was a great issue by Brian Bendis and Billy Tan. The art in this issue was incredible. I loved every panel of it. I don't really know why, but, especially the scenes that revolved around Daimon. I don't know. There's just something 'cool' about him. Anyways, I really enjoyed the issue, and I can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment