Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Final Crisis Aftermath: Escape #1 - DC


This book was a bit . . confusing. Tom Tresser, Nemesis, has been taken captive. But we don't know who did it . . why . . or where they're at. He thinks he sees other people that he knows, but . . he's pretty drugged up, and he keeps slipping in and out of consciousness, so . . it could all just be a dream. That's the other part that's confusing, as we go through this story, we don't know what's real, and what's not. Cameron Chase is there, as is Count Vertigo. Those two, I believe, are real. However, he also sees Amanda Waller and Rick Flag. Those two, unfortunately, I think, are apparitions. But I could be wrong. As I said, we don't really know what up or down here. Then, at the end of the issue, one of the OMAC's show up as a guard . . or maybe a tour guide. Maybe Tom is just tripping and the OMAC is his spirit guide. How messed up would that be? Anyways, he tells them that they're free to go whenever they want, and that the doors are not locked. That's when they see a door at the end of the hallway. Cameron and Rick go running for it, but when they open it . . it looks like they're on another planet. It's definitely an alien horizon. The atmosphere rips Rick's body to shreds. Like I said, we don't really know the 'who', 'how', 'what' or 'whys' yet. I assume that will unravel over the course of the 6 issues. It'll have to be, because this issue didn't really tell us anything. If we at least knew what was a dream and what wasn't it might help us figure out what's going on. This one is brought to us by Ivan Brandon and Marco Rudy. The story was interesting . . what I could figure out. And the art was . . ok. I especially liked the 'trippy' stuff with Count Vertigo. Also that cover is by Scott Hampton. I can't really get a fix on this series by this one issue, so . . I'll wait till next time to decide if I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment