Friday, February 29, 2008

Ultimate X-Men #90 - Marvel


I know you're not supposed to 'dis the X-Men, but . . . this title is really boring me. And it has for the previous 6 or 7 issues. It just seems like so much . . minutia. It's all just rehashed stuff. I haven't seen one original idea in this book . . in those 6 or 7 months. Yeah we saw Sinister this issue, and he's different from our Sinister. But really . . who cares. And honestly, who didn't know that it was going to be Apocalypse at the end of the book? I mean, we all saw it coming from a mile away. Yeah it was nice to see Salvador Larroca doing the pencils. But hey . . you can't have him try to save every book that's in trouble out there. I mean . . he's only 1 guy. And I think Marvel is spreading him thin enough as it is. Really . . all I want from this book . . . is to live up to the standard of expectation that we've come to expect from the rest of the Ultimate Universe. Bobby Drake showed up over in Ultimate Spider-man, and that was more interesting than this issue. Let's see some originality here. Some fresh ideas. Or even new perspectives on old ones. I'm sorry. I know I went through all this last month on this book. And, I promised myself I wouldn't do the same thing this issue. But I love the Ultimate Universe. I love it's freshness. I love what it stands for. And to me . . . this book doesn't stand up with the rest of them. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment