Friday, February 29, 2008

Fantastic Four #553 - Marvel

What can I say? This has just been such an incredible run on this book. Dwayne Mcduffie and Paul Pelletier have really been going all-out on this book. And their effort really shows. Of course I can't complain about the Michael Turner covers either. They've been incredible. But . . all good things must come to an end. And I'd really be remorse about this if it wasn't for the creative team that'll be taking over from them. It's going to be Mark Millar on the scripts, and Bryan Hitch with Paul Neary on the pencils. As Fantastic as this run was . . pun intended . . I think, we ain't seen nothin' yet. This was one of those time-travel stories that I was complaining a bit about in one of my DC blogs. But then, the Fantastic Four deal with time travel all of the time. A whole lot of stuff was explained to us this issue, but, it kind of felt like a science lesson. On one hand, I liked, and appreciated, the detailed descriptions, but, on the other hand, it was . . a bit much. Basically it comes down to Reed's list of ideas. Dr. Doom came back in time because he doesn't want him to initiate plan #101 . . . "fix everything". It turns out that he doesn't want Reed to be the world's savior, because that has always been his goal. Kind of selfish of him, I know. But to make him happy, they end up sending him to a divergent time line, that does need saving, because there are no heroes' there. I'm sure we'll see something about that in the future somewhere. So basically, this story-line served to further Reed's resolve to implement plan #101. Plus, it's really kick-started the rest of the team to get in there and help him. I've really enjoyed this series, over the last year or so. Dwayne and Paul have really done an incredible job. But hey . . . it's Mark Millar. I can't get to mopey about it. Right? I can't wait to see where we go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment