Sunday, February 10, 2008

Onslaught Reborn #5 - Marvel


Ok, apparently this whole book gets summed up in two events. First of all, Onslaught is back. He came back in the Reborn Universe, so our world currently has no awareness of his condition. Obviously he's going to have to be taken out. He just can't be allowed to exist . . anywhere . . for the sake of the human and mutant race's survival. Well, at the end of this book Franklin does indeed take him out. But, at the very end, we find out that out does not mean gone. He's alive. However, now, he's in the Negative Zone. But he is coherent. So it's only going to be a matter of time until he finds sentient life to help him reestablish his footing. But wait. Isn't the prison for the non-registered heroes also in the Negative Zone? What happens if he comes across that? So, his part of the story is definitely not over. The second event, for the purpose of this book? Bucky. You know how the Bucky of the Reborn Universe is the teenage-girl side-kick of Captain America? Well, at the end of this issue, she's been brought across over in to our universe. Or, I guess I should say, the Marvel Universe. She lands right in Philadelphia, and immediately, from the newstands, finds out that this world's Cap is dead. This book was a little bit behind schedule. To say the least. Anyways, all the fighting in the Reborn Universe, with the Fantastic Four and the Avengers, all came down to these two events. Well . . . actually 3, because at the end of the story, we now know that the Reborn Universe still exists. And it's heroes are alive and well. Overall, I thought it was a good book, and series. Although I'm definitely not Rob Liefeld's biggest fan, I bought it anyways, and . . I actually liked it. Although I'm sure most of that was because of the brilliant story that Jeph Loeb put together. My real only problem with the whole thing was the timeliness of it's printing. Here we are 13 months after the first issue came out, and we're finally wrapping up a 5 issue mini. I don't know about you, but, to me, "That does not compute!". But, I will admit, overall, I enjoyed it. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Bucky now. But, I'm also glad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment