Sunday, February 24, 2008

Countdown Presents - Lord Havok and the Extremists #4 - DC


Another great story by Frank Tieri and Liam Sharp. Yes . . Liam actually does the pencils this issue. Yay! Anyways, this is another story-line in which I'm not exactly sure what the outcome, or resolution, of this whole thing is supposed to be. It looks like this is one of the Earth's that Monarch is going to destroy. He's taken a special interest in it because of Lord Havok's refusal to join his army. He's even gone to the point of helping the current President, Americommando. He's taken out targets, and people, to make it look like the Extremists are out of control. And to sway the opinion towards Americommando's resolution to declare all-out war on them. This issue also gives us a bit of a look in to Dreamslayer. But anyways, my question is, if this world is just going to be destroyed, than, really, what is the purpose of all of this. We're getting introduced to, and shown the origins of, all of the Extremists. But why? If they're all going away after this series, then really, what's the point. I like them. I think they're interesting. I just wish I knew what was going to happen afterwards. My only assumption is that there will be some kind of book, or books, that will highlight some of the various Earth's after this whole Final Crisis thing. But I've seen the previews up to June or July . . . and I see nothing. There's a few new titles coming out, but nothing that has to do with characters that are not already established in the DC Universe. I guess that must be the point . . to keep us waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment