Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ultimate Iron Man II #2 - Marvel


I loved the first chapter of this character. It was 2 or 3 years ago. But . . I still thought it was good. And, overall, I'm enjoying this chapter so far. Orson Scott Card is doing a fine job with the story. And, of course, I love Pasqual Ferry's artwork. Really, my only complaint is this whole business with Tony's father, Howard. Then there's this Zebediah Stane, who stole Howard's company, and his son Obadiah. Apparently Zebediah took Howard's company, and his first wife. But, he didn't get the armor technology, which is what he really wanted. So he kidnapped Howard to try to coerce it out of him, but he was caught and sent to prison. Obadiah, who is also a sociopath, blamed Howard for his father's condition. Zebediah was killed and Howard was framed as the killer. Which then sent Howard to prison, Tony running the company, and Obadiah trying to take down Tony and kill Howard. Does all of that make sense to you? I mean . . it does. But . . it seems awful convoluted to be the set-up for this story. And then a development, which really has nothing to do with any of this, occurs when the government shows up and wants to use Tony's "robots" for a black-ops mission. I'm following the story. I really am. But . . like I said . . it just seems like there's an awful lot of unnecessary stuff in here. Maybe it'll all spin out later in the wash, but for now . . it just seems more complicated than it needs to be. However, I do still enjoy it. As I said, I'm a huge fan of Pasqual's, and, as you all know, I'm also a big fan on the Ultimate Universe. If nothing else, this book does live up to that standard. I just hope it's a little less . . "fuzzy". . before the end of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment