Sunday, February 03, 2008

infinity inc. #5 - DC


This is a very strange book. I kind of get the gist of what Peter Milligan is trying to do here. But it's all kind of . . . awkward. Our little band of misfits has been chasing this Kid Empty around for a couple of issues, with no progress. Then, all of a sudden, out of the blue they get a call telling them right where he is. He happens to be at the house of this girl who also seems to have powers, Lucia, and Kitty is out front standing watch. Bing, bang, boom . . they take him down. And it's over. Well . . . there's a little more character development in there, but really . . . that's the gist of the story. But that doesn't seem to be the most important part of the story. The most important part seems to be the social circles. They are constantly changing. Some good. Some bad. After the thing at Lucia's house, Gerome gave her his number, and now she's moving in for a little while . . while her father's out of town. Meanwhile, obviously, the whole thing with Dale and Kitty has fallen apart. Especially since he's been taken in to custody. But, as it turns out, it was Persona, Lars, that tipped of the team to Dale's whereabouts, because he wants to join the team. But after the whole scuffle at Lucia's house, Kitty and Lars get in to it, and when she finds out what his powers are, and that he is also an outlaw, she immediately hooks up with him. Meanwhile Mercy is still hanging around the Steel Works with John Henry, but Natasha doesn't know about it yet. And Natasha is having some abandonment issues of her own. Does all that make sense to you? That's what I mean. That's how I felt after I read the story. And I even read it twice to make sure I didn't miss anything. And actually the worst part about the book . . . is the art. I don't want to get in to it again, but if you read last month's blog . . you know how I feel about it. They seriously need to get a new artist on this book. Quick! I like the team. I like the concept. I just think they need to . . . reorganize a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment