Friday, February 29, 2008

the Spirit #13 - DC


Honestly, I'm still having a bit of a hard time getting in to this book. It was a little better this issue, because I had 3 different short stories to choose from. And, I especially liked the first one, because it was drawn by Eduardo Risso. He really is a fantastic talent. Also, it looks like they're going to be switching creators next issue. Cooke and Bone are leaving, and it looks like Mark Evanier, Sergio Aragones and Mike Ploog are coming aboard. As well as Paul Smith. That's quite a list of names there. I can't believe that this book could draw upon such incredible talent. I guess it's just an homage to Will Eisner's incredible vision. I really do have respect for this book . . and this character. It's just, to me, it's kind of hard to get in to. It's usually a quick, fun read. But it just all seems kind of . . . old-fashioned. But, I guess, that's the intent. It's just not my cup of tea. But it does make me ask myself, when is someone going to start paying homage to Jack Kirby? And what character would they possibly do?

No comments:

Post a Comment