Sunday, February 24, 2008

Superman Confidential #11 - DC


This issue actually wraps up the first story-line from this series. I'm not sure why, but they ran the Apokolips issues in between. I don't know if it was a creator problem . . or if they just needed to get the stories out there with this whole Death of the New Gods thing. But either way, this is the end of that story. Finally! I understand why, or how, they wrapped it up, but . . it just seemed a little to convenient for me. I mean, this guy, or alien . . or whatever, has been hiding out in this rock the whole time. Well, except for when he pushed his consciousness over in to Gallo. But, from what I understand, he's been biding his time until he could talk to this world's new "Superman". Remember this is in the early days of Superman's "outing". But, if he knew that the rock was going to cause Superman harm, why didn't he just talk to him when he was in control of Gallo? Seems like it would've been the more prudent thing to do. Anyways, it turns out that he's a historian that was on Krypton in it's final days. He watched the end, and tried to follow it's lone survivor, but he ended up inside of a meteor. Basically, it seems like he just wanted to show Superman, the history of his planet. At this time in his life, Superman had not looked in to that part of his history yet. Now I know this doesn't all jive with the Superman myth, but . . I'm just relaying the assumptions that are presented in this particular story. I don't agree with them either. But . . it's what we were fed. Of course I love Darwyn Cooke and Tim Sale. I just didn't think this was the best way to wrap up this story. But that's just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment