Friday, February 29, 2008

Avengers - the Initiative #9 - Marvel

I like this book. But . . it seems to be getting "out there" just a little bit. Henry Pym, Henry Gyrich and the Baron have been working behind the scenes and creating clones of MVP. Remember, he was their fallen comrade from right in the beginning of the series. Well, they've been using these clones to create new heroes. The Scarlet Spiders are these clones. They sent one clone back to his father so that he wouldn't start questioning things. And they have plans to work more in to the system. Well this issue, they decide to use one to try to get Tactigon to work. That was the weapon that originally took MVP out. But after it did so, it was removed from the arm of the girl that was wielding it, and they haven't been able to get it to work since. That is until they attach it to this MVP clone's arm. Then it seems to draw all the memories back in to it's head of how it was killed. It then begins working it's way through the Initiative camp, taking out a lot of people. Including Henry Pym. It's also after the Gauntlet whom is in the infirmary. He had a similar device attached to his arm, and when they removed it, not only did it shut down, but so did he. But we find out, I think, because of the reactivation of this Tactigon, that Gauntlet's body seems to be on autopilot, and it is on it's way down to the weapons locker to get his own weapon back. I think somehow they're linked, because he spouting some kind of alien language as he's on his way there. I originally picked up this book on a lark. I really liked the Avenger's books, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Plus I thought it would be a mini-series. But, as we've gotten farther in to it, I have to admit that I really like it. I think Dan Slott and Chris Gage are doing a great job with the stories and characters. And I've really come to like Stefano Caselli's artwork. It's not flashy. It's not . . incredible. But . . it is perfect for this book. Overall I think this has turned out to be a very good series.

No comments:

Post a Comment