Sunday, February 03, 2008

Teen Titans - Lost Annual #1 - DC


I wanted to like this book. I really did. But I found it all to be a bit . . . academic. It was nice to see some of Nick Cardy's pencils again. And I noticed that the story was written by Bob Haney. And I understand why this book is titled as the Lost Annual. In the original run of this team . . back in the late 60's to early 70's . . . this book would've fit right in to the series, without a blink. Unfortunately, this type of story, just doesn't hold up anymore. Not in this day and age. Yeah it was a nice bit of fake nostalgia. They even had Jay Stephens and Mike Allred do the artwork with the old 60's style. But honestly it just wasn't that interesting. And I thought it a bit predictable. I knew how it was going to end as I was reading through it. I didn't think they'd go there . . . but they did. It's a story that revolves around President Kennedy. Overall, I'd have to say, if you're a huge Titan fan . . as am I . . you'll probably have to fork over the $5 and pick it up. But if you're not . . then I probably wouldn't waste the money. Like I said, it was interesting, and nostalgic, but . . . that's about all it was. I'm not sure if this is going to be a new theme for DC this year, but, if so . . . I'd rethink the approach. This era was 40 years ago. And while we look on it fondly . . . it doesn't translate all that well. To me, the best part about the book was the Nick Cardy cover, and the sketches he does in the back of the book. But in the end . . . it's really up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment