Friday, February 29, 2008

MidNighter #16 - WildStorm


I think this is a fantastic title. I've always been a huge Authority fan. And I really dig this character. But, since Keith Giffen has come on board as the scripter . . I really feel like the story-lines have become a lot more interesting. With this book, we get a look at an organization that is trying to infiltrate the Authority. But they're going to great lengths, not only to get there, but to cover up their tracks along the way. I think it has something to do with Anthem, but I'm not sure. It's not fully explained, but, what I think is happening is someone is creating these simulacrums, or something, that are going around and gathering up information. When one has reached it's potential, or gathered all that it was supposed to, the next one comes along, kills it, and absorbs what the previous one had. They then become the new generation. Right now they are on generation 8. So I imagine that they've gathered quite a lot of information, or experience. But now this 8th generation . . he calls himself Henry . . is coming right after MidNighter. He comes to Harmony at the end of this issue, and starts working his way around town. Also, Mindy, his computer geek, seems to be established as a regular character in this book now. Like I said, it just seems to me that Keith is making this book, and this character a lot more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment