Sunday, February 24, 2008

JLA Classified #51 - DC



Ok, we're in to the 2nd part of this story, and I gotta say . . . I still don't quite understand what's going on here. This is some demi-god, or something, that first came in to contact with the JLA way back when they were stationed in the mountain. He came to Earth, wanted to know what gods they worshipped, and then started a one-man rampage around the globe to destroy anything that resembled an icon for a deity. He had no religious bounds. He was just out to destroy anything that represented a being to be worshipped. Everybody just thought they were random acts of violence, until he appeared over Jerusalem, set on destroying it. This time he let himself be seen. He even announced himself. "Hear me mortals! The gods you worship ignored my challenges! None dared face the power of Titus! The world has no true Gods!" Of course the JLA couldn't let this challenge fall upon deaf ears, plus . . now they knew who was responsible for all the destruction around the globe. But he proved more than any of them could handle . . even Superman. Now . . a couple questions pop to mind. First of all, this guy looks like a poor man's Kalibak. So . . I wonder if he's somehow connected to Apokolips. If so, maybe this has something to do with the "god-killer". Also, last issue, the guy landed on the moon, in the present, and went straight after the League. But they seem to have no recollection of him. How can that be? Well . . we are only on the second chapter . . so they can't give away to much of the story to fast. But I'm thinking this is probably some kind of retro-continuity, to put somebody in place for this whole New Gods thing. I could be wrong, but that's my gut feeling. Anyways, it's brought to us by Roger Stern, John Byrne and Mark Farmer. It looks good. And Roger has a lot of character interaction going on in this thing. There's just a few loose ends right now that we can't really understand. But . . this is just the beginning. I guess we'll just have to wait and ride it out. I let you know what I think. Obviously!

No comments:

Post a Comment