Friday, February 29, 2008

Supergirl #26 - DC


I have to admit, I really didn't like this issue. I'm a huge Supergirl fan. I think that Kelley Puckett can write some great stories. But . . I think it just came up kind of short this issue. And the pencilling of Drew Johnson and Lee Ferguson was . . . terrible. In my opinion, this issue was the worst to date in this run of Supergirl. Here's what the story boils down to - last issue Reactron beat Supergirl because she's over-thinking things, so this issue Superman offers to take on Reactron while Supergirl performs search & rescue, Superman doesn't fare any better against Reactron and Supergirl is kind of overwhelmed by all the people in need of help so they switch again, this time Supergirl beats him because she grabs his energy source, and Supergirl got a tongue lashing because she told a boy she would save him and he wouldn't die not knowing that he has terminal brain cancer. Really, that sums up the whole book. The only thing to add is when Superman tries to explain to the boy how super-heroes can't do everything, but then Supergirl jumps in and tells him, "I meant every word of what I said to you back at the building. I promise you, Thomas. You're not going to die." I don't know how she plans on accomplishing that, but that's how the issue ends. Overall though, I thought this issue was especially boring, and it really seems like it was thrown together at the last minute. It was a C effort at best, all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment