Sunday, February 24, 2008

Catwoman #75 - DC




I like this book, but . . I feel like I was gypped with the variant cover. I know! It was my choice to by it. But, I figured . . Catwoman #75 . . . and it's a Salvation Run tie-in . . . it should be a good book. And it was. But . . the variant cover . . the original by Adam Hughes was 150% better. The variant was done by David Lopez. Anyways, this issue gets in to the story of Selina's exile on the "hell-planet". She's finding that she's going to have to choose a side. She lands on the planet right in the middle of Luthor and the Joker's fight for leadership. She finds that her choice isn't going to be as easy as she would of thought. Both sides want the best players, and everyone knows that although she can't always decide which side of the fence she's on . . if she's on your team, she'll definitely pull her weight. Well . . . except for that whole thing with Hugo Strange. But she's trying to put that behind her. Luthor actually has the better chance of formulated the strategy and technology to get them off the planet. But . . the Joker has decided to use black-mail to garner her acceptance. She really is stuck between a rock and a hard place. She ends up going on a reconnaissance mission for Luthor. They've found an underground bunker, but they don't know what kind of traps lie in wait for them. So he sends in the best cat-burglar he has . . . Catwoman. The Cheetah is along for the ride also. They find something . . and it sends them to Earth . . . but I don't think it's the right Earth. On the final page, Selina finds herself staring down the barrel of a gun . . pointed at her her by . . Batman. I don't think we're in Kansas, Toto. I'm not sure what the Salvation Run is going to accomplish with it story-line . . so . . I'm glad Selina isn't there for long. But now she seems to be lost somewhere in the multi-verse. It's just never easy. Is it? I really do like this book. The cover is my only complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment