Friday, February 29, 2008

the Mighty Avengers #8 - Marvel


I don't really have a problem with this book . . . per se. But, I do have a problem with how far behind schedule it is. I know. I went in to all of this with the last blog I did on this book. But seriously, this book is way behind. And I'm sure that's part of the reason that Frank Cho is off of it, and Mark Bagley is in as the new artist. And since this team . . Mark and Brian Bendis . . did so well on the Ultimate Spider-man, I'm sure that they'll have this book back up and running in no time. I really don't blame them. Who I blame is the editorial staff for letting it get this far out of control. Personally, what I would've done, is jump the story ahead a couple of issues, getting it back in line with the rest of the titles, and then do a reissue of the "missing issues" or the "in-between issues". Because the problem isn't necessarily with this particular issue, but it is confusing if someone picks up this title, and then other Marvel titles. This one is literally about 6 months behind. It's abhorrent! But, since I went on about it last time, I'll chill out a bit this month. Also because it looks like Brian and Mark are going to pump out the issues for a little while. So they should be caught up, in 2 or 3 months. First of all, I'm glad to see these two working together again. They make a great team. I'm also glad that they didn't just drop this title altogether, which really could've been the other alternative. It's a good cast of characters, so I think it has a lot of potential. Once they get past this . . hiccup! They fight the symbiote assault this issue, and Tony has figured out that it originated in Latervia. So next issue . . they're off to fight Dr. Doom. I really do like this book. I just hope it gets back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment