Thursday, July 09, 2009

X-Men Forever #3 - Marvel

Well, we get a little more of the story this issue. As it turns out . . it was Storm that killed Wolverine. I was wondering why she seemed so much more desperate to silence Sabretooth, when he attacked the mansion last issue. It appears that through his sense of smell, he had figured out what Ororo had done. That's why he was trying to kill her . . he was attempted to avenge his son. Meanwhile, Jean, unconscious from the attack, is being probed by Charles for answers. He finds out about the intense, almost primal, connection between Logan and Jean. That's why she had maintained the psychic rapport with him. He also sees Ororo's face as Wolverine is attacked. The jolt is enough to wake Jean, and she immediately goes after Storm. "You killed Logan! You burned the flesh from his bones, you stole away his future, you brought the life of the man I love to an end. And as he fell, you laughed. I don't hear you laughing NOW! I want to hear you SCREAM!" Anyways, Ororo tries to escape but as she does Kitty comes across her path. Right before Ororo killed Logan, the Professor notices that one of his claws is missing. Anyways, when Kitty starts fighting Ororo, we find out that she has it . . in her right arm. I wonder how and when all of that happened. During their fight . . Kitty takes out one of her eyes. Well Chris has definitely started out this series with a bang. We've jumped right into the action here. I'm just guessing, but I don't think Storm is herself right now. I guessing it's Mastermind or something. Hopefully we'll find out next issue. I can't see Storm going this far off the rail by herself. So far I'm diggin' this series. I really like the feel of this book. Chris and Tom Grummett have taken us back a bit, but . . that's ok. It'll be interesting to see how much this all varies from where the X-Men went after Chris left. The X-Men are much like 'life' . . no matter what type of trouble or turmoil they currently face, there's always a time later on when they can look back and say that this was so much easier than the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment