Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Uncanny X-Men #513 - Marvel

This is going to turn out to be a heck of a story . . I think. We find out this issue that Norman has another Dark Avenger in the wings. One that we hadn't seen . . as yet, but . . it's an obvious addition . . the Dark Beast. I really didn't see that coming, but . . it's perfect. Also Norman gives Emma her team this issue. Her Dark X-Men. They include, Cloak & Dagger, Mimic, Daken, and Michael Pointer - Weapon Omega. However, not to be led around like a dog, Emma brings in someone of her own also . . Namor. "My team. My way. Mutant problems. Mutant solutions." Oh yeah, also, Norman has someone else working with him. Well . . not completely willing, but with the right incentives . . "Some experimental behavioral modifications we've had success with in others. In the blood, you see, tiny machines capable of executing . . correctives . . as I see fit. Starting at debilitating electroshock and ending at, well . . detonation." He's goes on TV with Professor Xavier to denounce Scott's, and the X-Men's actions. Charles seems to be going along with Norman all of the way. But I thought we saw Charles incarcerated with the Beast in Alcatraz? Well . . that's true too. It turns out Norman's little secret weapon is actually Mystique. Well, I'm glad she's picked a side in all of this. I was worried that she was going to be left out. Anyways, Bastion is still continuing his demoralization of the human/mutant relationship. Trask, who we all know is under his control, has been taken to a hospital . . since he was injured during the mutant riots and all. But of course he's not hurt, and he's started to take over some of the staff working around him. I think he's the wild-card in all of this, because even Norman won't be able to control him, and really . . he doesn't even know what he's up to. Anyways, Emma goes on TV to announce that with her team she's working in conjunction with Norman to control and minimize the situation erupting all around San Francisco. Scott's watching, but has decided to play a 'wait a see' strategy with them. However, at the end of the issue, when a group of rogue mutants that includes Sunspot try to get very publicly arrested, Scott decides that it's time to do something. "Okay, Emma. Okay. I think it's time I had a talk with Norman Osborn." Matt Fraction has really fit right in with this book. His stories are always intricate, with a lot of aspects and hues . . much like we all love to see in our various X-titles. I think what he's done on this title so far is fantastic. Terry Dodson does the pencils this issue. Now we start crossing over with the Dark Avengers, and . . don't forget the Dark X-Men mini coming out next week also. Man . . I feel like I'm blowing half my wad on X-Men titles every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment