Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Jonah Hex #45 - DC


I'm not sure when this movie is coming out, but . . I love this book. It's a great escape from the usual genre of books that I read. To be honest with you, there's no real 'good-guys' or 'bad-guys' here. They're all pretty much bad. Just different shades of gray. Most of this series has been single issue stories . . a few double issues here and there, but this story-arc, 6 Gun War is a kind of mini-series within the series. It brings together some of our favorite characters . . Bat Lash, Tallulah Black, Lazarus and El Diablo . . against some of the worst desperadoes the West can spit up . . El Papagoyo and his gang, and Quentin Turnbull and his. All of them . . both sides of the coin . . claim that they're out for revenge or justice. It's funny how that can be a motivator for both sides. And, how much it can be twisted . . twisted until it's barely recognizable. Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti have been doing a great job with this series. Their stories have really captured the essence of this era and it's dubious characters. We've also seen a stream of great artists over these last 45 issues. Currently Cristiano Cucina is providing the visuals for this story. Overall I think it's a great story. But don't worry, I'm sure it'll be out in TPB within a couple of months. On a different note, through my E-Bay searching, I've gathered up about half of this original series, and most of the Weird Western Tales. It's always fun trying to piece series together like that. It takes some time, and patience, but . . I like it when you can start to see your hard work all coming together. I think part of the reason I like this series so much is because it's stayed true to that one. Anyways, this is a fantastic series. I guess I'm just a cowboy fan at heart. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment