Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Power Girl #3 - DC

It seems like this is the week for the female heroes of the DC Universe to make their presence known. Three chick titles right in a row. That seems odd. Anyways, this title, by Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner . . I really, really like it. This title, along with the Terra mini that Amanda previously did, I think has gone a long way towards showcasing how much of a talent she really is. I mean . . look at that cover. That's fantastic. Plus, I think Justin and Jimmy put just the right amount of humor in with this character. Right now PG is dealing with a man who wants her body, and won't take no for an answer . . the Ultra-Humanite. I think he's tired of living in the body of a gorilla, plus . . he wants a body that can stand up to the abuse, and what he demands of it. Plus, I wouldn't mind taking over PG's body for a little while . . given the chance. Anyways, of course PG beats him down, but during the fight she throws him into a pile of chemicals and electronics. He comes out seriously deformed. I'm not sure if all the hair has been burnt off of him, or if it's just a chemical reaction. Either way, after that he doesn't put up to much of a fight. I actually think that Karen feels sorry for him, but . . she still has to save the island of Manhattan that floating a mile or two in the air. Luckily though, she's got Terra along for some help. They save the city . . of course, and we probably won't see Terra for a while as she has a whole lot of repairs to do underground. Karen also saves the island from the Humanite's crashing ship. She puts him in jail, and now she can get back to her life. The problem is . . there's a trio of fem-fatales on a collision course with Earth. You just know these chicks are gonna cause trouble for PG. I really like the look and the feel of this book. Like I said, it's got just the right amount of humor in it. I'm glad PG's back in the spotlight again. I think she's a great character.

No comments:

Post a Comment