Thursday, July 09, 2009

Booster Gold #22 - DC

I love the premise of this story, and that the Teen Titans are involved with the current story-arc, but . . I'm a little confused about what happened this issue. First of all, I want to say that I'm glad that Dan Jurgens and Norm Rapmund are back on the art chores. They do a fantastic job, and there's some great looking stuff in this issue. Plus . . I love that cover. I wonder why there was never a cover like that on the Teen Titans book. Well . . except for Booster of course. Anyways, this issue the Black Beetle is out to destroy the JLA. So he figures if he eliminates the Teen Titans that it'll dishearten them. "What better way to neuter the JLA than to take away it's greatest tactician? It's driving force?" So this issue he teams up with Deathstroke, and in turn helps out the Ravager . . Deathstroke's son, Grant . . beat the Titans by infusing his body with chronal energy. When Grant originally fought the Titans his own power betrayed him by burning him out from the inside before he could complete the task. I guess the chronal energy puts a halt to that process. So they don't disrupt time to much, the Black Beetle claims to be an agent of HIVE, and Booster claims that he's on the security force for STAR Labs. Although, if the Black Beetle is only concerned with taking out the JLA, I don't really understand why he's concerned about time paradoxes. It would all seem kind of moot, as long as he attains his goal. But, from what I understand, since Slade wasn't involved in this originally, the Black Beetle claims that HIVE was hiring him. Alright . . I guess I can accept that. Anyways the issue ends with it looking like the Black Beetle has accomplished his task . . all the Titans look dead, and Booster looks like he's drowned in the pool. Also Rip has returned to Vanishing Point but, while trying to investigate something, he's been knocked out. I love the Teen Titans, so I think it's great that we've returned to this point in their history. However, I find it hard to accept that they've allowed Booster in so easily. And where's Raven at? This was shortly after she first brought them all back together. Anyways, this is part 2 of 4 so maybe we'll get some more answers next issue. The back-up story is Blue Beetle by Matthew Sturges and Mike Norton. Overall, I guess, I enjoyed the issue. I'm just a little confused about the turn of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment