Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Final Crisis Aftermath: Escape #3 - DC

Wow! I'm really not sure what's going on in this series, but wow! I think my head was hurting by the time I got done reading this. I'm just playin'. But, it was more than a bit confusing. Obviously this series is all about Tom Tresser, Nemesis. But, there's an awful lot of other characters involved. First of all, I think . . I could be wrong . . but, I think this is all taking place in Bludhaven. Although they're calling it Electric City for some reason. Anyways, last issue we saw that Amanda Waller was involved. Actually I thought she was the jailer, but now it appears that she's just a captive along with the rest of them. 'Them' being the Atomic Knight, Peacekeeper, Blackhawk, Cameron Chase and Fire. This whole thing seems to be about testing them and getting information. But we still don't know what it is 'they' want. They all try to make an escape this issue, but it's thwarted by some guy, with no face, and a giant roulette wheel. Like on the cover, they're attached to it and they spin for a choice. But again, I'm not sure why. After reading this, I feel like I just got done reading a book when I was a little stoned . . or incredibly tired. I read all the words, I tried to put the pieces together the best I could, but I still don't know what happened. But, the confusion is intentional. I think that in itself is a hint to what's going on, but . . I don't know how it all fits together, yet. Ivan Brandon is writing this with art by Marco Rudy. We're 3 issues into this and we still don't know what's going on. Either these guys are incredibly gifted, or . . well, I don't know what other option there is. I'm sure these guys have a plan. I just can't see it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment