Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Secret Warriors #6 - Marvel

This is a fantastic book. I love Nick Fury in this setting. He'd gathered up his Secret Warriors during the Skrull Invasion . . when he found out that SHIELD had become infested with them, and he had no idea whom he could trust. Now, he's out to tear down HAMMER. He's gathered up a few of his friends from the Howling Commando's and through them assembled a small team of men and women still loyal to SHIELD and it's cause. This issue they've launched an attack against a HAMMER helicarrier dock. The problem is . . the evil cabal of villains has also come here to try to take out Nick, and HYDRA has also shown up. It's a little more than Nick had planned for. So he calls in Daisy and the Secret Warriors who help turn the tide of the battle. They end up with the ships and about 3000 HAMMER agents who aren't happy with their current positions. I can't wait to see the aneurysm Norman has from all of this. We also find out at the end of this issue that Madame Hydra is actually . . the Contessa. This is something that I don't think Nick knows yet. Hmmm. Unless . . someone hit the panic button that called in Daisy and the boys, but Nick says it wasn't him. While Gorgon and his team lead the assault on the base, Madame Hydra was with the rest of Baron Von Strucker's group in Japan conducting business. Maybe she knew that Nick was in over his head, and . . maybe she hit the button. I don't know. It's all conjecture right now. We don't know if the Contessa is playing Nick, or playing the Baron. Also Nick tells Dum-Dum that he needs at least 3 full divisions . . and he's got 1 month to put it all together. I think Brian Bendis and Jonathan Hickman are doing a fantastic job with this book. I love the story-lines and the characters. Also Stefano Caselli is doing a great job with the art. I wasn't sure what to expect from this book when I started picking it up, but I'm very glad I did. This book has turned out to be everything I hoped for and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment