Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Spawn #193 - Image


Well . . we're on issue 9 of this story-arc, Endgame, and we still don't have very many answers. This issue though, the Clown tries something I've never seen him do before . . he plays a 'bait and switch' on Spawn, Jim Downing. He comes at him in the alley as Malebolgia, the Violator, all fire & brimstone and threatening and all. But then he slinks into the shadows, pretends he's beating someone up, and comes back out as the Clown. He says that he wants to help the guy, and that they're kindred spirits of sorts. That is until he senses one of his new recruits in a nearby jail. I think the guy in jail has something to do with vampires or demons or such. The Clown goes through this elaborate charade to get Sam & Twitch to arrest him. But really he just want to end up in a jail cell where this guy is trying to hide out. Other than that, we don't get many other answers this issue. Now that Todd is writing this book again, I forgot how much he likes to stretch out these stories. That's how he did it in the beginning. Overall, I think it works out well . . we get point of whomever's trying to make an inroad in this battle between heaven and hell. But sometimes, I think, he does stretch it out a bit long. Greg Capullo comes on board as the penciller this issue. I'm sure Whilce just needed a break. I'm just thrilled to see Sam & Twitch back in the action again. It's been a while. Personally, I've missed their own book. Anyways, this book continues in it's usual excellence. Things are heating up as we're approaching issue #200. It's not that far away now. Just a quick question, but did anyone see, or get one of the color covers to this issue? It's shown at the top here, but all I saw was the black & white version. I'm just wondering if I missed something.

No comments:

Post a Comment