Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Personal - Question?

I seem to be having a bit of a problem here, lately, and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing it. It's a minor inconvenience, but . . it still aggravates me just the same. During the blogging process, I hit spell-check several times. But I use the Google spell-check instead of the Blogger one. I like the way it works better. Personal preference, I guess. Anyways, it's never really been an issue before. I just hit spell-check, correct my mistakes, and then save. Then I turn off spell-check and go back to blogging. However, lately, after turning off spell-check, I can't bring up the Icon again in the blogger text. I can't really do anything. So then I have to go back to 'edit posts' and then back into the blog I'm working on so that I can continue. Like I said, I know it's a minor inconvenience, but . . it's really kind of a pain in the ass also. I was just wondering if anyone else was having a problem with this issue. I've submitted complaints and issues into the blogger help site before, but . . that's really an unsatisfying process as you never really hear back from anyone personally. I know. I know that they're probably swamping with issues and questions from their worldwide audience . . they can't address each one on a personal basis, but . . you don't really know that anythings been fixed until one day it just is. So . . I just wanted to complain a little bit, see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing, and make sure it wasn't just my computer acting 'funky'. It's not like it hasn't done that before. So . . anyone? Comments? Advice? Help?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried to use Google's spell-check when posting, but I have had an issue with Blogger's spell-check icon.

    I find I'm only able to cut & paste within my post if I change the encoding setting to 'User Defined'. The problem? When I'm writing in the UD mode, it kills Blogger's spell-check icon entirely. It's still there, it just doesn't work.

    I've recently solved the cut/paste problem by clicking the Edit HTML tab and pasting within there.

    I assume by the Followers icon on your margin, you're using the latest, Blogger format. I never upgraded because the new format screwed up the format on some of my older posts. Not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but maybe it's a glitch in the latest and greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah . . that's a whole 'nother issue entirely. I've never been able to 'cut&paste' with my blogs. It's hasn't been that big of a deal, but . . every once in a while it would help. I don't use the blogger spell-check because . . well, the google one has more options. Plus . . it's the one I've used all along. What's really irritating is that it doesn't do it all of the time . . like 1 out of every 3. I mean, it's not like I'm not going to be sitting in front of the computer for hours anyways, but . . it adds extra steps.

    ReplyDelete