Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday Comics #2 - DC

I'm finding myself at a loss as to what to say about this issue . . these strips. While I like the characters, and I appreciate the talent that's involved with each tale . . unfortunately I haven't really received enough information from just the 2 strips . . this week and last, to come to an informed opinion about any of the stories. Again, I think the stories that fit the format the best were Kamandi, Hawkman, Strange Adventures and Sgt Rock. But, to me, that was mostly because of the style of art. They actually look like they could've come out of the Sunday comics. Overall I liked all of the stories. It was great to see Superman and Batman together, as it was to see Azzarello and Risso together again . . especially since they're doing Batman. I would have to say that my favorite of the group so far is the Metal Men story. One, because I've always liked the Metal Men. And two, because Jose Luis Garcia Lopez is doing the art. He hasn't done much lately, so I'm always thrilled when he becomes involved with a new project. I noticed in the credits that it says that this is dedicated to Archie Goodwin. I thought that was a nice nod of the hat. I really don't know what else to say. I'm still a little upset about the price per issue, $3.99. But obviously it's selling, so . . I must be alone in that department. Now I just have to figure out how to store them. They don't fit in a normal sized comic bag. Oh well. On to the next title.

No comments:

Post a Comment