Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Herogasm #3 - Dynamite Entertainment

I know . . I know. But once I started it, I have to finish it. That's just how I am. Plus it is the Boys . . so I do want to see how it comes out. Although, I have to say, now that I've read it . . I'm even more confused than I was before. I thought the boys were going after the VP. They dropped one of the metas in his hot-tub . . Doofus. He's kind of like this Earth's version of the Thing. However in the confusion, at the end of the book, we find out that they were really after one of his Secret Service contingent . . agent Michael Lucero. Plus, while Hughie was in the sewers, preparing the way for Frenchie's escape, he was attacked by Black Noir. He's also one of the Seven. Although, I don't know if 'attack' is the right word. Really, he just sneaks up behind him, holds him in the air, and then pulls down Hughie's pants. He then gives him a 'thumbs-up' and hits his head on the ceiling, knocking him out. We have no idea what that was all about. Unless, maybe he know something about Starlight. So anyways, now I'm confused as to what this is all about. Garth Ennis writes this mini, as well as the main title, but John McCrea does the art on this one. Usually, somewhere along the line, I do become a little confused on the Boys' storylines. They always start out in one direction, but then usually end up somewhere else. It's part of what I like about this title . . they're not predictable. But this one really has me scratching my head. Now I have to get issue #4 to see how it all wraps up. That's ok though . . it's a fun ride anyways.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for noticing the Hughie weirdness as well. The Noir bit made no sense: In one early panel, he's huddling in the sewer terrified and in another panel taking place later on, he's pant-down, on his knees and appears to have been raped. I usually find McCrea a good artist, but this issue made very little linear sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah . . that whole section just seemed out of whack. Maybe we'll find out what that was all about next issue, but . . it just seemed like a FUBAR to me. I would assume that it made sense when Garth wrote it, but . . John missed something in the notes I think.

    ReplyDelete