Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wolverine Origins #38 - Marvel

I like this book. I always have. Unfortunately, I read the Dark Wolverine story-line first, so . . this one fell kind of flat for me. Yes there's a whole lot of action . . Logan is fighting Omega Red practically the whole issue. But, the motivation and progression of the story just didn't seem all that interesting . . not nearly as interesting as Daken's story. Anyways, Logan ends up in this prison in Siberia. He's on the trail of Romulus. He should know that he's going to be put through the paces before he even comes close to confronting the guy. Anyways, Omega Red has just happened to have been transferred here shortly before Logan arrives. Coinkidink? I don't think so. Logan also has the Carbonadium Synthesizer with him. Which is something that Red wants . . well, pretty much more than anything. However, Logan can't let him have it because with it . . Red would be pretty much near unstoppable. In the end, Logan ends up stopping him by impaling him with some prison bars. This won't kill him, but Logan's hoping it'll at least slow him down while he takes some time to recuperate. However, the only way to get out of this hell-hole is to head out alone . . susceptible to the frigid environment, which also isn't conducive to his recovery. He doesn't get far before he collapses from sheer exhaustion in the snow. Unfortunately for him . . Wild-child is hot on his tail. Also he's talking to somebody, but . . we don't know who. Not yet, anyways. I liked the book. I think Daniel Way is doing a great job with it. But, like I said, I just read the other one first and I found that one to be way more exciting . . and interesting. Plus we just got done with the whole Logan / Daken storyline here . . and that one was pretty good. I enjoyed Scot Eaton's interior art, but . . I wasn't to thrilled with Doug Braithwaite's cover. It's way convoluted . . there's just to much going on. I have a feeling we're going to be on this Romulus path for a while though. I guess I'll just have to sit back and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment