Sunday, January 31, 2010

X-Force #23 - Marvel

I really enjoy this book. I think Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost are doing a great job with the story and these characters. And I absolutely love Clayton Crain's art. However, having said that . . I do have one minor problem. Because of Clayton's style, and the darkness of his art . . shadows and lines and such, sometimes it gets a little hard to tell some of these characters apart. To differentiate between them sometimes becomes a little obscure. Sometimes I'm kind of guessing at who's who. I still enjoy the book and the story . . the ultimate outcome of the action of the characters. But . . I often have to go back and look things over after I've read it and know how it's going to come out. But . . maybe that's my own problem. I don't know. It just seems that on this book he uses an incredibly dark style. Anyways, a lot of stuff happens . . and a lot of important information comes out this issue. Eli Bard and his group have attacked Genosha, basically because they were sent to retrieve the knife that Warpath took with him. Once they get it though, they return to Genosha with the knife, and . . they take Warpath with them. Scott decides to send X-Force there to deal with it, but Emma defines their priorities. 'Let me make this as clear as I can, Logan. You need to kill her. Her and everyone that attacked us . . even Kevin. That's the only way this will end.' Anyways, during all of this, Hrimhari has called Loki to help him save Rahne and his child. Loki gives him a choice, "I need a soul for a soul. Therefore, I need your soul in return for another. You can save one or the other but not both.' However, Hrimhari tricks Loki and asks her to save Josh Foley, Elixir. In return, Josh saves both Rahne and the child. But Hrimhari is gone. 'Tell Rahne I love her . . and tell her . . tell her, I will find a way back to her.' Also during the fight, it looks like Lil' is killed. Wither gives Logan some serious pain. And Blink does a lot of damage. It looks like she rips Warren apart from the inside out . . even though later Domino notices that it looks like his wings are already growing back. And Blink also messes up Mercury. Although I'm sure she'll reform sooner or later. Oh yeah, and Onyx seems to have been dispersed into so much rubble. We've seen Rockslide reform himself, but . . can Onyx do it also? This Necrosha story-line seems to be moving along rather slowly, but . . it is entertaining. I still think it's got that Night of the Living Dead kind of feel to it though. However, we are nearing the end. It looks like X-Force #25, in March, will be the final chapter. So between this book, and Legacy, we have about 4 more issues to go. Then we'll see if there's any real lasting effects on the X-teams or their characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment