Sunday, January 10, 2010

Red Tornado #5 - DC

Well, Red Inferno didn't stay under Red Volcano's influence for all that long. After Red Torpedo hit him last issue . . the kid still thinks he's . . well . . a kid! So he went in to shock and his systems shut down. Luckily Red Tornado has had enough experience with TO Morrow's work that he knows how to fix it. They talk . . and Red Inferno's coming around. But . . I have no idea how they think they're possibly going to be able to stand up to Red Volcano. This guy seems to be in a whole other class than the rest of them. Right now he's worked his way to the tectonic plates under California. Los Angeles, to be specific. He's decided he's going to kill John's family . . Kathy and Traya. Luckily, Mari gets there just before the earthquake so they at least make it out alive. John's found Kathy, but . . Red Inferno has found Traya. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. He may still be under Red Volcano's influence. And Mari's lying unconscious under the rubble. It seems to me that the only way they're going to be able to stop Red Volcano is to separate him from the Earth. Which means they're going to have to launch him into space or something. I'm not sure how they plan on doing that. But . . they've only got 1 more issue to figure it out. I think Kevin VanHook is doing a pretty decent job with this story. This whole 'family' thing, I think is pretty interesting. It's got some potential. But they'll never be whole because it appears that Red Tornado will always have his own agenda. In order to be whole, they're either going to have to replace him . . or reprogram him. I'm interesting to see which direction they go. I also enjoy Jose Luis' art. But . . after 5 issues, this one seemed a little more rushed than the others. There just wasn't quite as much detail. Don't get me wrong . . the art still looked good. This guys got a ton of potential. I think he'll definitely be somebody to keep an eye on. So overall, I liked the book. We'll just have to wait and see how it all wraps up next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment