Monday, January 18, 2010

Nation X #2 - Marvel

I'm on a streak here. I'm sorry, but . . this book didn't thrill me all that much either. I understand what they're trying to do . . give us a little insight into some of the various characters that now inhabit the ranks of the X-Men. But . . it just all seemed a little boring, and meaningless. Our first story, probably the best, was about Jubilee catching up with some of the Young X-Men. I think she's kind of gone to them as an experienced ear to listen, but . . I think she's just as interested in hearing the stories of their adventures. I think she misses it. But she can't bring herself to actually step foot on the island. It's like she doesn't feel that she has the right . . or she's not deserving. However, I think she'll be back . . eventually. She's just working it all through right now. She knows that they're family, she just can't bring herself to face them. This chapter's story was by CB Cebulski and Jim McCann. With art by Mike Choi. In the next chapter we catch up with Quentin Quire and Martha Johansson. This story was interesting. I'm just not sure what the point was. Plus . . we're not sure about what happens to Martha. This chapter was by John Barber and David Lopez. Next we have a story about Northstar and his long distance relationship. My only comment here is . . can we please get Northstar past this self-absorbed, flighty character. He's been stuck in this role for quite a while, but . . I also remember him being a much better character. Why has he been relegated to being the joke of the team? Tim Fish does the story and the art for this part of the story. And finally we see Remy beating himself up for all the mistrust and doubt that he's brought with him back to the team. He definitely doesn't feel that he deserves a place here. He tries to make a break, but . . he's pulled back in by his compulsion to do good. He just can't help himself. Becky Cloonan does the story and art for this part. I'm sorry . . I just wasn't that thrilled with this issue. Yes it's good to see some of the characters that aren't normally featured in and of the main X-Titles, but . . Overall, it was all pretty boring. These could've just been back-up stories in any of the other titles. And $3.99? Yikes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment