Monday, January 18, 2010

Uncanny X-Men First Class #7 - Marvel

I'm still not thrilled with this book. This issue wraps up the Knights of Hykon story-line, so . . I think I'll call it quits after this one. I know this is basically just a rehashing of the stories from the original Uncanny X-Men title, but . . I guess I just don't see the reason, or need for the rehashing. Most of the major story-lines are out in TPB form now, so . . what's the point. I appreciate that Scott Gray is trying bring the story-lines up to date . . give them more of a 'current' feel, but . . it's all ancient history. I'm sorry. I don't want to just sit here and keep ragging on the book. I think that Scott is trying his best, as is Scott Koblish and Nelson DeCastro. But . . they can only have so much artistic license in interpreting these stories. They can put little nuances and things into it, but . . at the same time they have to stay pretty true to the original. So I imagine they don't have a lot of freedom. And that's got to be torture to a creator. Anyways, my freedom as a consumer is to pick the items I wish to spend my money on. I think I've given this title more than a fair shake, so . . it's time to cut my losses. I'd hate to overlook a book that I may enjoy simply because I'm spending my money on something I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment