Sunday, January 24, 2010

Outsiders #26 - DC

There's a few things going on this issue. We're thrown right into the mix, so . . I assume we'll find out next issue how everything went down. I guess, because of everything that's happening in Gotham right now, and because of Blackest Night, the Outsiders have ended up in Markovia. And, by de facto, since Prince Brion is it's King . . he is now the leader of the Outsiders. At one point, he even refers to them as 'my Outsiders'. Some of the members in the group seem as puzzled by this change in leadership as we do. Roy Raymond, Owlman, pisses off Brion twice this issue. Once when he asks him about the scar on his neck from the fight with Deathstroke . . 'I've studied all of Deathstroke's moves, and I've never seen him make a slashing motion that would leave a scar like that.' Brion tells him to . ' . leave your American manners at home.' Then later when Brion has sent out Black Lightning and Katana to intercept some pirates that have been attacking Markovian vessels . . 'I have sent out a team to remove the threat . . with extreme prejudice.' Roy asks . .'And Alfred okayed this?' Brion scolds, and punishes him. 'You have misspoken twice this evening. There will not be a third time. It's time for you to return to your room.' On the mission . . Katana is more than willing to use extreme measures, but . . Black Lightning still has a line that he refuses to cross. In the end, he ends up holding her back . . if only by the influence of his words, and she only end up wounding the would be 'pirate-king'. She doesn't kill him.We also see Rex and Jack Ryder talking over a cup of coffee. Rex seems ok with the status-quo. But Jack? Jack feels like he's a prisoner in his situation, and in Markovia. 'I thought you guys would help, but I was wrong. Now I'm stuck here.' Also, Jack seems to have an admirer. One that may be a little off her cookie. But the really big reveal is at the end when Brion announces their new team-mate. 'As the one true King of Markovia, I have entered into a non-aggression treaty with the world of New Krypton, providing a safe haven for all Kryptonians here on Earth. And I am proud to call their representative, the Eradicator, my friend.' Ok! I didn't see that one coming. Our creative team has changed this issue. Dan Didio in now on scripts. But to me, the biggest, and best change is that Phillip Tan is now doing the pencils. His artwork looks fantastic. I enjoyed every page of this issue. Anyways, it looks like things are about to get pretty interesting for this group, and Markovia. The next couple of issues should be pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment