Saturday, January 12, 2008

Legion of Super-heroes in the 31st Century #9 - DC


This is another chapter in the stories of our future teen-age heroes . . . the Legion. I'm so glad that a new generation of readers gets to have a look at this team. It's such a fantastic group of characters, that it would be sad to waste their adventures on just us old farts. My nephew, who loves Teen Titans Go!, has also started watching this series on TV. So now he's been begging me to get him caught up on the comic book also. It is so great to see that enthusiasm in a young child's eyes. Especially, for a comic book, and a group of heroes, that I've known about for so many years. And he's just experiencing the revelations. As I keep saying, this Johnny DC line, obviously in conjunction with the Kids WB, is a fantastic way to bring a new generation in to web. And by the web, I don't mean the internet. I mean the web of the Super-hero universes. DC, Marvel and many others have kept this medium alive for 70 or so years now. It's the next generation that's going to keep it moving forward. And I can't think of a better group of characters for them to start with. Long live the Legion!

No comments:

Post a Comment