Sunday, January 27, 2008

X-Men - Emperor Vulcan #4 - Marvel


I don't know. Maybe it's just me. I'm just still finding myself rather bored with this series. Not that there's not a lot of action . . because there is. It's just . . . I find myself not really caring about what happens here. These particular characters are just not all that interesting to me. Take Havok for instance. This is what? . . the 2nd or 3rd . . or more . . . times that he's been separated from the core X-Men group to go out and do his own thing. Hell, one time he was even in an alternate dimension. But . . . he always ends up coming back. So yes he on the opposite side of the Universe. And yes he's doing his own thing by leading the Starjammers . . . assuming his recently deceased father's position. But . . so what? When all's said and done, he can just head right back towards Earth and be done with the whole thing. Basically this story has just put a few details in place. Vulcan is now the new Emperor of the Shi'ar Empire. A new alien race has emerged, the Scy'Ar Tal. They are the sworn enemies of the Shi'ar. And it looks like, this issue, Havok and Vulcan have figured out a way to bring them down. But all that's going to do is put Earth now on their list of sworn enemies. And in particular, the Summers family. But the stories not done yet. There's still one more issue to go. Alex and Vulcan had formed an alliance to help beat the common enemy. But, now that he appears defeated, Vulcan is ready to pounce on Alex and his band of space travellers. Have they forgotten that it ain't over until the fat lady sings? Just because the Scy'Ar Tal appear to be down, doesn't mean that they're beaten yet. So the results of this little drama are still up in the air. And as a warrior and strategist, they should know that you never leave anything to chance. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens next issue. I think Christopher Yost and Paco Diaz Luque are doing a fine job with this story. But, like I said, to me, it's just . . . boring. It's just so much minutia. But again, that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment