Thursday, January 24, 2008

Authority Prime #3 - WildStorm


Well the Authority and StormWatch are going at it like there's no tomorrow. Neither side is giving the other quarter. And it seems that both sides are pretty evenly matched. And basically, that's how the story goes for the first 19 pages of this issues. Just a bid old bar brawl. Who's swingin' the biggest . . . . well you know what I mean. So with all this fighting going on, there's actually only 3 pages of story. Because of the fighting, and the endangerment to the StormWatch facility, the automated defenses have been activated. And apparently that includes clones of some of their strongest team-mates. When they come out of the bunker to defend it they see Lamplighter and Amaze. But they also see . . . Apollo. Or a version thereof. It also looks like they're being led by, none other than . . . Henry Bendix himself. So what's going on here? Well with 19 pages of fighting, there isn't any room left to finish the story. So we'll have to come back next issue to find some answers. I like the Authority. I like StormWatch. I think Christos Gage and Darrick Robertson are doing a fantastic job with this series. But this issue falls in that area of story-lines that I hate. This issue could probably be left completely out of the mix . . . well except for the last 3 pages . . . and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. I hate it when that happens. But, I'll be back next issue, because of the cliff-hanger ending. I don't really have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment