Wednesday, January 30, 2008

the Boys #14 - Dynamite Entertainment


Have I mentioned that this is one of my favorite books on the shelves right now? I'm sure I have. Once or twice. Really, the only problem I have with this issue . . is that Darick doesn't do all the art. His stuff has a realism, or gritty-ness to it that is perfect for this book. However, this issue, Peter Snejbjerg helps him out and . . I don't know . . he stuff, in comparison, just seems kind of . . . vanilla. Do you know what I mean? I mean, Darick has been all over the place the last couple of months, so I'll admit the guy probably needs a little rest. I just really hope this is a temporary thing. This issue wraps up the Glorious Five Year Plan story-line. It was an interesting story. I'm just not sure I buy the whole Russian-mafia thing. It just feels like they tried to shove a lot of information in to this one story-line. I still liked it. And I'm sure some of these characters will be back to give the Butcher grief in the future. I think this storyline, basically, was set up to introduce us to them all. And on that count, it worked. But, if they do ever show their heads again, you'll have to go back and pick up these boods and peruse them over. However, the govenment guy, I think, is going to be a constant thorn in their side. They thought he was working for the CIA, but . . it's something other than that. However, he is very well connected. It's a fantastic book. It has great characters, it has a gritty realism, and it has the best creative team we could ask for. Now all it needs is some loyal fans and readers, and it'll be a huge success.

No comments:

Post a Comment